Scott McTominay sends message to Manchester United fans
Scott McTominay scored his first professional goal at Old Trafford for Manchester United in Monday night’s draw with Arsenal.
This followed away strikes at the end of last season against Wolves and Huddersfield.
This was a thunderous effort, lashing the ball into the top corner from the edge of the area.
Right on the stroke of half-time it set United up for victory. Defensive lapses and a lack of quality in the final third saw the game finish 1-1.
McTominay sent a message to fans after the game expressing how proud he was to finally score at home. He added that he was disappointed United could not take all three points.
McTominay should really have had two goals. In the second half he had a free header from a corner from close range, which he somehow managed to put over the bar.
It is hard to be too critical though, he was arguably United’s best player on the night.
McTominay won more tackles (4) than any other player, and kept United driving forward, winning a free-kick on the edge of the box in injury time.
Better days are coming, surely. At least McTominay is off the mark, and there should be plenty more Old Trafford goals ahead for him.
- Amad sends emotional message after finally landing cup winner's medal
- A look at the last 8 Dutch managers to have managed in the Premier League following Ten Hag's arrival
- 'They need to play': Rangnick says two Manchester United players could leave on loan after ten Hag arrives
- Report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United teammate ruled out injured v Crystal Palace
- Report: Paul Pogba has decided his next club, final details being sorted on three-year contract