Manchester United have released pictures of the players in training before Saturday’s clash with City.
Cristiano Ronaldo looked in particularly good spirits. He has scored three goals in his last two games.
Ronaldo was seen sharing a joke with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Ronaldo was joined in training by youngster Anthony Elanga, who was back with the first team.
While Elanga was on United’s bench for the first Champions League away game at Young Boys, he was not part of the travelling squad for the Atalanta match this week.
Instead Elanga made his first appearance for United in the UEFA Youth League this season.
Elanga got on the scoresheet, netting a free-kick to take United to a 2-1 win.
His reward was to be called back into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first team set up.
Elanga has been with the under-23s for the past month, and like Amad, he is flitting between the two sides.
United’s under-23s face Leeds at home at 12pm today, and it is likely Elanga will be with them, rather than part of United’s first team.
Solskjaer though is clearly keeping a close eye on his progress.
Another notable player seen with the first team was Phil Jones.
An injury to Raphael Varane has opened the door just a little, for the prospect of Jones getting a first team recall.
Victor Lindelof did not train on Friday and if he is not ready for the City game, Jones could end up as emergency cover for Harry Maguire and Eric Bailly.
- Manchester United warned 'extraordinary offer' required to sign midfielder
- Karim Benzema sends message to Manchester United star
- Report: Young Manchester United forward set for medical ahead of imminent loan move
- Manager delighted to sign 'wonderful' Manchester United defensive talent on loan
- Talented Manchester United duo celebrate after making their full international debuts