Romano claims Amad has four loan offers after Birmingham deal collapses
Manchester United youngster Amad will not be joining Birmingham City on loan after the deal collapsed.
This comes after the Mirror reported that Lee Bowyer’s side were closing in on deal for the young Ivorian.
The Blues were chasing a third Manchester United loanee after signing Tahith Chong and most recently Teden Mengi during the campaign. Mengi made his debut for the St Andrew’s side and played the full 120 minutes as they lost 1-0 in extra time to Plymouth Argyle, in the FA Cup third-round.
But transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has said that following further talks between the two clubs the deal is now expected to collapse.
The 19-year-old will definitely leave the Reds on loan during the January transfer window and according to Romano he has four offers on the table.
Eredivisie giants Feyenoord remain keen on signing the former Atalanta youngster, but Amad’s preference is to remain in the United Kingdom.
A season-long loan deal was agreed with the Eredivisie side in the summer before it fell through before the deadline after the club’s number 16 suffered an injury in training.
Ralf Rangnick has already told the Ivory Coast international that he doesn’t feature in this season’s plans and has instructed the club to find a loan move for him.
The winger started the Champions League dead rubber against Young Boys last month when the German coach rung the changes and gave several of the club’s academy youngsters their senior debuts.
The start against the Swiss champions is Amad’s only game time for the first team so far this season.
With him unlikely to feature in tomorrow’s FA Cup clash against Aston Villa, Amad could drop down to the under-23s who play Tottenham on the same night.
With just over three weeks remaining in the winter window, United have plenty of time to find Amad the right club.
- Manchester United look to accelerate 24-year-old's departure to reunite Ten Hag with 17-time international
- Manchester United wonderkid set to become 7th Reds youngster to join Championship side on loan in PL era
- Guillem Balague says Cristiano Ronaldo departure from Manchester United being worked on
- Manchester United prepared to wait until deadline day to sell 28-year-old on permanent deal
- Mick Beale explains why QPR fans should be “really excited” about Manchester United loanee Ethan Laird