Mason Greenwood produced an outstanding performance for Manchester United to help take Bournemouth apart.
Greenwood scored a goal in each half, from opposite sides of the penalty area.
The first was a vital equaliser, while his second was United’s fourth of the game.
Greenwood is now up to 15 goals for the season, his first full campaign as a professional.
His style of play has drawn comparisons to Robin van Persie, and the Dutchman had kind words for the teenager while watching the game.
Rio Ferdinand also raved about Greenwood on BT Sport. He said: “What foot are you son? He wouldn’t be able to tell you. What a player.”
Peter Schmeichel was also loving Greenwood’s contribution, joining in the applause on social media.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took Greenwood off in the 75th minute to bring Dan James on.
This may have denied Greenwood a chance to score his hat-trick. The way he was playing, he had a great chance.
It won’t be long until he does at this rate. At just 18, the sky really is the limit for Manchester United’s real wonderkid.
- Harry Maguire is the exception which gives United hope over Sancho deal
- Lille chief raves about ‘immense talent’ Angel Gomes
- FC Copenhagen’s Mo Daramy is ‘crazy about United’ and has chance to impress
- Promotion for under-23s gives United a positive dilemma for youngsters
- It’s deadline day for Manchester United: Or is it?
- A Phil Jones sale this summer would be a mini-miracle for United
- Six Manchester United selection dilemmas for FC Copenhagen quarter-final
- Sancho’s reported desire to sign for United makes deal even more important to conclude
- Solskjaer says Paul Pogba has been doing extra training at United