Manchester United are toasting a 2-0 win over rivals Manchester City.
This was our first win over Pep Guardiola’s side in the Premier League at Old Trafford since he took over.
Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has now done the double over City.
Former star Rio Ferdinand commented immediately on social media after the game to express his excitement.
How the game was won
Both teams looked edgy early on, but United’s defence was rarely troubled.
Anthony Martial and Dan James both had shots saved before the Frenchman scored the opener, profiting from a clever Bruno Fernande free-kick.
Fred was then wrongly denied a penalty and booked for diving. A goal here would have made the rest of the match easier.
City came out strong in the second half and had a Sergio Aguero goal controversially ruled out for offside.
Despite the pressure City put on, they did not create many real chances, although it was a nervous second half.
Substitute Scott McTominay sealed the win in injury time, scoring by lobbing an out of position Ederson from 30 yards after he had made an errant clearance into the Scot’s path.
- Manchester United bound Hansen-Aaroen provides first senior assist
- United academy talent Charlie Wellens could have unique under-23 opportunity
- United youngster D’Mani Mellor says he has torn ACL
- A night made for Dan James sees him left on the bench
- Expensive midfield combination of Fred and Paul Pogba needs work