Manchester United have no intention of selling Anthony Martial this summer
The Telegraph claim that Manchester United have no intentions of selling Anthony Martial this summer.
They report that despite links with Inter Milan, he remains very much part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans.
Another player who has been linked with the San Siro is Diogo Dalot. He spent last season on loan with AC Milan.
But the report also says he is set to stay at United beyond the end of the transfer window as well.
How many players will United offload?
Paris Saint-Germain signing Lionel Messi likely means they won’t be buying Paul Pogba this summer.
The money just won’t be there, and they’ll likely gamble that he’ll be available on a free next summer.
Jesse Lingard also looks more likely to stay at Old Trafford now too, unless a huge bid comes in between now and deadline day.
There doesn’t seem to be much inclination that one of United’s two international goalkeepers will go, either.
So how would United fund a new arrival?
If Dalot stays, it appears Kieran Trippier won’t arrive. That means any new signing between now and the end of the window would likely be a midfielder.
But it seems United’s plan for this summer was about selling to buy once Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane were secured.
And if United aren’t looking like selling a big player who could generate major funds, how will they afford a new face?
It now looks more likely than ever that a new midfield arrival will have to wait until next summer, given United don’t seem to be all that close to making a significant sale.
- Paul Pogba drops cryptic 'see you soon' message to Paulo Dybala, who is set to leave Juventus
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million
- 5 clubs £40m valued Manchester United man could move to this summer