Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick has given further clues on which players will be given valuable game time in tonight’s Champions League clash against Young Boys.
With qualification for the last-16 assured as Group F winners, the 63-year-old will have the opportunity to see what several of his other players can do against the Swiss champions.
After naming an unchanged starting line-up against Crystal Palace on Sunday, following a 3-2 win against Arsenal three days prior, Rangnick is expected to ring the changes against David Wagner’s side.
In yesterday’s pre-match press conference, where he was accompanied by Nemanja Matic, who will captain United against Young Boys, the German coach revealed that Dean Henderson and Donny van de Beek will both start.
However, ahead of the clash of the Theatre of Dreams, Rangnick has shed more light on who is in the frame for game time.
Mason Greenwood looks to be a guaranteed starter and with Luke Shaw back in training, him and Aaron Wan-Bissaka could come into the side in place of Alex Telles and Diogo Dalot.
When asked whether Amad Diallo and Anthony Elanga could feature, Rangnick told the club’s official website: “Yes, both. The younger players, to give them game time. The same with Mason Greenwood, as he’s not played that much in the last couple of the weeks so he’ll also definitely play.
“But also a few experienced ones, who didn’t get that much game-time in the past. Aaron [Wan-Bissaka] can play, hopefully even Luke Shaw will be available for the game. Nemanja [Matic] will be captain tomorrow. Juan Mata will get game-time, Jesse Lingard. We have quite a few players who will be playing who definitely desperately need game-time.”
The draw for the Champions League last-16 takes place on Monday.
- Rangnick should reward talented Manchester United youngster after eye-catching display
- Manchester United would be foolish not to pursue signing 'unplayable' £135m man on a free transfer
- 'Never give up': Manchester United players react as ex-teammate makes return after 321 days injured
- 4 Chances Created: Manchester United loan midfielder makes another case for recall
- 'Will be a club captain'… Some fans react to Manchester United loanee's 'outstanding' performance and interview