Predicted Manchester United line-up v Brighton
Manchester United are back in action on Sunday night against Brighton.
The game is a welcome return to club football after the international break, which gave some of United’s players a breather after the disappointment of FA Cup defeat.
The break may have done United’s players some good. Edinson Cavani for instance is fresh after a two week break. He will start up front with Anthony Martial injured.
The biggest decision is in goal, whether David de Gea or Dean Henderson will start. There is a case for both goalkeepers.
We expect De Gea will return to the starting line-up for this one, with Henderson starting in the Europa League on Thursday.
Another decision is at left-back, and Alex Telles could get the nod ahead of Luke Shaw after resting up the last two weeks.
Shaw did only play one of three international games, but he could be saved for the Europa League.
A key decision also comes in defence, who partners Harry Maguire. Victor Lindelof’s fitness must be assessed, but he is the most probable starter.
Midfield and attack
Fred is set to start after his break, and it could be Paul Pogba who partners him in the middle.
Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood both trained on Friday after their injuries and both could also be in line to start this game.
The alternative if one of them is not ready to go is Dan James, who will be full of confidence after scoring a midweek winner for Wales.
- 'Unmistakable threat'… Manchester United star praised as his country's 'standout player' at World Cup
- 'Speaks volumes': Bryan Robson praises Manchester United star for 'dominant' World Cup display
- 'Beautiful to see': Manchester United star delighted to see reported 23-year-old Ten Hag target score on World Cup debut
- Report: Bruno Fernandes and Lisandro Martinez helping youngster try and hit lift off on Manchester United career
- 'Spectacular' Manchester United target wows Red Devils star with influential World Cup display
- 'Keep with me forever': Marcus Rashford pays heartfelt tribute to Cristiano Ronaldo following Manchester United exit
- Manchester United have scouted £43m-valued 'fantastic' striker who Owen Hargreaves loves several times
- Gary Neville gives his verdict on how he thinks Erik ten Hag will replace Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United
- Manchester United star injures player who made 14 appearances under Ten Hag in World Cup training session
- Alejandro Garnacho gives glowing two-word verdict on Manchester United star's World Cup performance