Predicted Manchester United line-up v Brighton
Manchester United are back in action on Sunday night against Brighton.
The game is a welcome return to club football after the international break, which gave some of United’s players a breather after the disappointment of FA Cup defeat.
The break may have done United’s players some good. Edinson Cavani for instance is fresh after a two week break. He will start up front with Anthony Martial injured.
The biggest decision is in goal, whether David de Gea or Dean Henderson will start. There is a case for both goalkeepers.
We expect De Gea will return to the starting line-up for this one, with Henderson starting in the Europa League on Thursday.
Another decision is at left-back, and Alex Telles could get the nod ahead of Luke Shaw after resting up the last two weeks.
Shaw did only play one of three international games, but he could be saved for the Europa League.
A key decision also comes in defence, who partners Harry Maguire. Victor Lindelof’s fitness must be assessed, but he is the most probable starter.
Midfield and attack
Fred is set to start after his break, and it could be Paul Pogba who partners him in the middle.
Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood both trained on Friday after their injuries and both could also be in line to start this game.
The alternative if one of them is not ready to go is Dan James, who will be full of confidence after scoring a midweek winner for Wales.
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million
- 5 clubs £40m valued Manchester United man could move to this summer
- Ten Hag issues young player warning after handing debuts to 22nd and 23rd academy players at Ajax
- Erik ten Hag responds when asked about potential Manchester United double deal
- 'He is a giant'… Erik ten Hag says he can't wait to work with Manchester United star
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee wins fans player of the year
- New United boss Ten Hag picks out the one Ajax player he is 'extremely grateful' for
- 15-year-old whizkid Manchester United signed from Arsenal makes first under-18s start