Pogba and De Gea send messages after Manchester United win
Manchester United’s players are celebrating reaching the Europa League semi-finals.
Edinson Cavani scored a first half goal before an own goal in injury time doubled United’s lead.
A 4-0 aggregate win was as comfortable as the scoreline suggested, with Granada an awkward yet not particularly threatening opponent.
David de Gea kept a clean sheet in both matches and he was thrilled to make it through.
Paul Pogba captained the team with Harry Maguire suspended, and he provided the assist for Cavani’s goal.
Pogba was substituted at half-time, to prevent him getting a second booking, after he was carded in the first half.
Amad came off the bench in the second half, late on, and looked lively in his brief appearance.
Axel Tuanzebe was making his first start since January and performed well, looking assured as United kept a clean sheet.
United face Roma in the semi-finals. The first leg will be at Old Trafford on April 29.
United then head to Italy for the second leg on May 6. There is a Premier League game at home to Liverpool in between.
- £59.7m Manchester United target reportedly set to sign four-year deal around £350,000 per week
- Report: Casemiro could undergo Manchester United medical tomorrow
- Manchester United expected to move for 23-year-old after new £67.6m bid rejected
- 'Serious target': Manchester United identify £25.5m attacker as top option – Report
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Chelsea pledge to invest £1.75bn over 10 years gives Manchester United fans tantalising glimpse of what could be
- Manchester United 'confident' of clinching £60 million Casemiro deal
- Manchester United ready to go toe-to-toe with Barcelona to sign 19-year-old Frenchman
- Cristiano Ronaldo's potential last hope of a Manchester United exit emerges
- Report explains what specific attributes have attracted Manchester United to Casemiro
- Gary Neville says Manchester United have a player who can be the 2022 version of Roy Keane