Pochettino's PSG buyout clause: How much move would cost Manchester United
Mauricio Pochettino is being strongly tipped to leave PSG for Manchester United.
BBC Sport report Pochettino is open to leaving PSG if United make an approach.
Zinedine Zidane is an option for PSG if Pochettino departs, Le Parisien reports.
Unless Pochettino took the step to resign, a move would cost United, to buy him out of his PSG contract.
How much United would have to pay
The cost is unlikely to put United off making a move for Pochettino’s services.
The Times reported earlier this year that any club looking to buy the Argentine out of his contract will have to pay £10 million compensation to PSG.
This is a sizeable yet relatively small amount for a club of United’s size.
It is also a fraction of what United would have had to pay to hire Pochettino when Jose Mourinho was fired.
The Independent reported that Tottenham would have demanded United pay off the remainder of Pochettino’s contract, a figure of £34 million at that time in 2018.
Zidane to PSG, could it happen?
Zidane is reported by Le Parisien to be a long term target of PSG, having previously contacted him while he was at Real Madrid.
Taking a job in France has a natural attraction to him, although it is not without complication.
Zidane played for Marseille as a player, bitter rivals of PSG. This is something he would have to try and navigate past tactfully, and it probably won’t be possible to avoid upsetting Marseille’s fans.
One added attraction for Zidane is the presence of Sergio Ramos and Keylor Navas at PSG, two players he managed in Madrid.
For PSG, there may be a hope Zidane could have a last attempt at persuading Kylian Mbappe to stay. As it stands he is set to leave on a free transfer at the end of the season.
Zidane could be used to try and stop his old club Real Madrid snapping him up, a possibility Marca report that the Spanish giants are already worried about.
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan
- 'Already had contact': Club chiefs admit they have had transfer interest in reported Manchester United target
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked
- Club confirm signing of 'high calibre' young player released by Manchester United
- Opinion: Cristiano Ronaldo frustration is understandable as Murtough continues to strike out
- Reward for failure: MUST criticise 'indefensible' £11m Glazer dividend payment
- 'Graveyard'… Neville says Glazers to blame as Manchester United battle for signing
- Last ditch effort to sign Manchester United midfielder being considered, 51 games played this season
- Ajax star who just quit tips Manchester United transfer target to leave for big fee