Manchester United’s number seven has been pictured back at Carrington for the first time.
Striker Edinson Cavani was seen in the latest set of training shots released by United on Friday afternoon, and he is excited to be back.
Cavani was given an extended break after a summer with the Copa America.
Speaking at today’s press conference, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “Edinson’s always looked after himself.
“Of course, he’s lacking in team training, in football training but he’s been looking after himself and you can see that.
“He had different reasons as to why he was late, personal reasons, but his body can tolerate a lot. It wasn’t that he needed those extra days physically.
“He’s chomping at the bit, he’s ready to go and let’s see how much we can get out of him early on.”
It is unclear whether Cavani will travel with the team to Southampton, but given that there is just one more match after this until the international break, United will want to use Cavani before then.
Just his inclusion on the bench could have a bit impact against a team he scored three goals against last season in two matches.
It is great to see him back and hopefully he can return where he left off, ending last season in sparkling form.
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo