Pellistri and Cavani both send messages to United fans
It is now two days since Facundo Pellistri and Edinson Cavani were announced as Manchester United players.
The Uruguayan duo both completed moves to United on transfer deadline day.
Both are yet to be officially unveiled and pictured with the club’s colours, but they have been in communication with supporters on social media.
Pellistri used social media to thank fans for the messages of support he has received.
The 18-year-old joined from Penarol and will be assessed by the club’s coaches to see how ready he is for first team football.
Pellistri has been assigned United’s number 28 shirt.
Edinson Cavani has been given United’s esteemed number seven shirt. For more thoughts on this read here.
Cavani sent a message to supporters on social media too, expressing how proud he is represent the club.
Cavani joined as a free agent after seven years at PSG.
He will be a big asset to United, especially with Anthony Martial and Odion Ighalo failing to score in the opening five games of the season.
Cavani has more than 300 career goals, and even at 33, he will become a vital player for the club.
- Report: Manchester United now want to sign £52m midfielder who won at Old Trafford this season
- 'I could have left for United'… World Cup goalscorer speaks out about failed Old Trafford move
- Jude Bellingham and Wayne Rooney pay tribute to 'absolutely outstanding' Manchester United World Cup star
- Manchester United prospect scores the winner for his loan club during World Cup break
- 'Very proud': Manchester United coach pays tribute to Red Devils forward after his 'beautiful moment' at the World Cup
- Report: Manchester United now set to loan out defender who said he was open to January move
- 'So good': Manchester United star can do 'mad' things with the ball, says international teammate
- 'Incredible' Manchester United star won't be fully appreciated until he's not there, says national team manager
- 'Played really, really well': Ronaldo pays tribute to Manchester United star's performance at the World Cup