Paul Pogba is currently working to make his way back from an injury which could keep him out until January.
The midfielder was not at Old Trafford as the team beat Crystal Palace 1-0 to mark the first game under new interim manager Ralf Rangnick.
Pogba is in Dubai where he is working on his recovery to full fitness.
He was paying attention to United’s victory, and celebrated the win with a post on Instagram.
Pogba also used the time to drop an update on his own fitness, even if it offered little in terms of a timeframe.
He posted on social media to show he was continuing to work hard to get back to his best.
Whether Pogba has a future at United remains to be seen. Rangnick is in the early stages of changing the team’s style, and when the Frenchman returns, he will have to play catch up.
The midfielder has not yet committed to a new contract and he will be able to negotiate with foreign clubs from January and leave as a free agent.
Do United need him? Is it time to finally move on? We are soon going to get an answer to these questions.
Pogba may be ‘coming back stronger’, but there is a chance it won’t be at United, if the club take a ruthless call to sell him in January and cash in.
- Reaction as Manchester United set to net £5m loan fee with Anthony Martial exit agreed
- Manager “really pleased” with Manchester United loanee's performances vs league's best
- 7 players who could leave Manchester United before the transfer deadline
- 10 things we learned from Ralf Rangnick's first 10 games in charge at Manchester United
- Ranking Marcus Rashford's 4 Manchester United injury time winning goals