Paul Pogba’s reputation has only been helped by being as far away from Manchester United’s 1-0 loss to Newcastle as possible.
United really could have done with him at St James’ Park, but he was not passed fit for the fixture.
Pogba has been working hard on his fitness instead, as his message to his 37.5 million Instagram followers on Monday morning shows.
Pogba posted a video from Dubai, where he is working on his fitness.
Looks like good news
Pogba is not on international duty with France, fortunately, and it is good to see him working hard on his fitness.
He featured in games against Rochdale and Arsenal but has not looked 100 per cent, still suffering from the knock he sustained in the draw with Southampton at the end of August.
United desperately need Pogba back to face Liverpool in a fortnight’s time. The early signs look promising.
It might have been nice to see Pogba reference United’s defeat on Sunday in his message, and a desire to put it right. But right now we will choose to focus on the positives from his message.
United fans need all the good news we can get right now.
- Alexis Sanchez suffers serious ankle injury on international duty
- Marcus Rashford has to address club form to reclaim England starting role
- Manchester United need to find own John McGinn
- Manchester United need a flat track bully to get back to the top
- Jesse Lingard’s England snub marked a new low – how does he get back on form?