Paul Pogba reacts to Manchester United win over West Ham
Manchester United’s win over the West Ham was the type of victory which can be pivotal in the club’s season.
The win has given everybody at the club a huge lift at the right time, reflected in the league position with United climbing back into the top four.
Marcus Rashford’s goal came through a fantastic team move, with substitutes Edinson Cavani and Anthony Martial combining, supplied by Cristiano Ronaldo dropping deep to create space.
All the players were in good spirits after the game, including the ones which did not play. Paul Pogba commented on a Manchester United result on social media for the first time in weeks to congratulate the team.
Pogba’s message is reflective of both the team getting back on track, and how close he is nearing a return, that he is feeling a little more connected again.
The Frenchman was pictured in two training sessions last week with the rest of the team and while he was not passed fit to make the bench against West Ham, he could return for the FA Cup fourth round.
Pogba’s return will give United an added boost at a crucial time, and the break means United won’t feel the need to rush him.
The FA Cup fixture at home to Middlesbrough in early February could be the ideal game for Pogba to make his comeback.
While his future is unclear, it will certainly help for him to return into a winning side where there is a feelgood factor all of a sudden. Confidence is back flowing under Ralf Rangnick after back to back wins.
Ralf Rangnick has a couple of weeks now to work out how Pogba best fits into his set up, and pick the team accordingly. United have a big end to the season ahead and the Frenchman can help the side finish the campaign on a high.
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager