Manchester United playmaker Paul Pogba has started his return to full fitness.
Pogba picked up a thigh injury during France training at the start of the international break.
The initial prognosis is that he will be out of action until the new year.
Pogba will be doing his utmost to ensure he is out for less time than that and he has offered an update on his recovery.
The France international posted a picture from a gym with a message which read: “Recovery mode on.”
Pogba’s recent performances had been patchy. He is currently serving a Premier League suspension for the red card in the 5-0 loss against Liverpool.
He played in the 2-2 draw against Atalanta in Bergamo but was poor, giving the ball away regularly before being substituted in the second half.
His contract continues to dwindle, and if nothing changes on that front before the new year, he could have under six months left on his deal by the time he next plays for United.
He would then be free to discuss a free transfer with foreign clubs but for now his focus needs to be on recovery.
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine