Career goal 796 was a pretty special one for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ronaldo volleyed in a low shot after a superb ball into the area from Bruno Fernandes.
The first half strike broke the deadlock and was a reminder of Ronaldo’s sheer class.
He had surprisingly gone the previous four Premier League games without scoring, three of which he started – although he did have one disallowed for offside last week.
This strike ended that mini-drought, and was his seventh for Manchester United since returning to the club.
Teammate Paul Pogba missed the Tottenham game due to suspension.
The Frenchman watched the game with pals and was stunned by Ronaldo’s outstanding goal.
Pogba’s expression said everything, while he tagged Ronaldo in the post, writing, ‘finish wow’.
Ronaldo’s goal was celebrated by former United star Rio Ferdinand, who also noted the link-up with Bruno Fernandes.
This was just the second goal Fernandes had assisted for Ronaldo since the forward signed.
Match of the Day host Gary Lineker also lauded the ‘exquisite’ strike.
Ronaldo scored another spectacular goal just after half-time, which was disappointingly ruled out due to offside.
He helped double United’s lead soon after with a pass for Edinson Cavani to score the team’s second.
Marcus Rashford added a third as United won 3-0 to record one of the team’s best results of the season.
- 'World class'… Some fans react to Manchester United star's 'peak Maldini' performance
- 'Outstanding' Manchester United star ranking second in Europe is worrying trend
- Who is the 15-year-old striker with £14m release clause Manchester United are reportedly interested in?
- 'I'd have him back tomorrow'… Some Manchester United fans react to report about former Red Devil
- Manchester United have one of Europe's brightest young talents and risk squandering him