Career goal 796 was a pretty special one for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ronaldo volleyed in a low shot after a superb ball into the area from Bruno Fernandes.
The first half strike broke the deadlock and was a reminder of Ronaldo’s sheer class.
He had surprisingly gone the previous four Premier League games without scoring, three of which he started – although he did have one disallowed for offside last week.
This strike ended that mini-drought, and was his seventh for Manchester United since returning to the club.
Teammate Paul Pogba missed the Tottenham game due to suspension.
The Frenchman watched the game with pals and was stunned by Ronaldo’s outstanding goal.
Pogba’s expression said everything, while he tagged Ronaldo in the post, writing, ‘finish wow’.
Ronaldo’s goal was celebrated by former United star Rio Ferdinand, who also noted the link-up with Bruno Fernandes.
This was just the second goal Fernandes had assisted for Ronaldo since the forward signed.
Match of the Day host Gary Lineker also lauded the ‘exquisite’ strike.
Ronaldo scored another spectacular goal just after half-time, which was disappointingly ruled out due to offside.
He helped double United’s lead soon after with a pass for Edinson Cavani to score the team’s second.
Marcus Rashford added a third as United won 3-0 to record one of the team’s best results of the season.
- Manchester United injuries and suspensions: All six first team players set to miss Leeds game
- Qatari investors planning ‘massive offer’ for Manchester United
- Fred says he enjoys scoring against Leeds and wants to keep doing it
- Bruno Fernandes will be looking to improve upon his formidable record against managerless Leeds United
- Raphael Varane gives his verdict on where Marcus Rashford ranks among the best players he’s played with