Odion Ighalo will be more frustrated than anybody that his spell at Manchester United has been temporarily (we hope) halted.
He left China partly to flee the coronavirus and now it has led to games in Europe being cancelled.
Ighalo was supposed to be starring for United today against Tottenham. He had made a very credible case to start his first Premier League game.
With four goals in his first three United starts, he is full of confidence, and the fanbase is believing in him.
One supporter caught Ighalo’s attention with a tweet joking that the match had taken place and he had bagged a hat-trick.
He found it amusing and responded, and suggested he hopes he gets a chance to do it for real.
Ighalo and the rest of the United squad are currently resting up with the games called off this weekend.
However, The Mirror report United will ask their players to come in an train as normal and keep up a regular routine from this week.
The report adds that United may even arrange behind closed doors matches at their training ground to keep up sharpness, although no decision has been made on this yet.
Fred’s skill challenge
Ighalo was not the only United player active on social media on Sunday.
Star midfielder Fred urge fan to try his skill challenge, and posted a video of entries he had received from supporters around the world.
The players are likely as lost as the rest of us without football and it makes sense for Solskjaer to insist they come in and train as normal.
This may be at odds with advice to stay at home and isolate, but United see a sporting benefit and probably do not want to see their players lose fitness or slip into bad habits.
In the event the league does resume in three weeks, United want to be sharp and ready to go.
- Report: Ralf Rangnick recommends Manchester United sign star who is 'streets ahead of Maguire'
- Manchester United star at risk of missing clash with former side following injury setback
- 5 things which have changed since Manchester United were top of the league one year ago today
- Manchester United's most exciting attacking player must make key change to his game
- Report: Europa League club linked with January swoop for yet another Manchester United player