Odion Ighalo has been unveiled finally as a Manchester United player.
The Red Devils posted a photo on social media of the Nigerian striker posing with his number 25 shirt.
Ighalo was a transfer deadline day signing from Shanghai Shenhua.
He clinched his move to United with less than an hour to go of the deadline last Friday, without even enough time to undergo a medical.
Ighalo was the top scorer at the African Cup of Nations and this gives hope that his sharpness has not diminished in China.
He scored 10 goals in 19 matches this past season and United would love a similar return during his loan spell.
Being a loan deal, it’s low risk for United, but he can really be a big help.
Both Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood need help up front, with their inexperience at the position showing over the past fortnight amid tiredness after a hectic schedule.
Ighalo is a more experienced and natural striker than Martial, and he can take the pressure off.
He is a United supporter and won’t want to let the fanbase down. He has shown before that he can score in the Premier League, but he should be motivated to prove himself all over again.
- Is Manchester United vs West Ham on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v West Ham, Greenwood at 9
- Rangnick says he is happy with Manchester United star but calls on him to improve defensively
- Manchester United talent scores twice on under-23 return after loan recall
- Rangnick says Cristiano Ronaldo has a new injury and issues fitness latest on Scott McTominay