Nottingham Forest fans express delight with James Garner's form
Nottingham Forest fans have given their verdict on how they feel Manchester United loanee James Garner has performed so far this season.
Following a six-month loan spell at the City Ground during the second half of last season, playing under Chris Hughton, the 20-year-old re-joined the Championship side on a season-long loan towards the end of August.
After becoming out-of-favour at Watford following a change in management, Garner started 19 of the remaining 20 Championship games under Hughton to finish last season.
However, only four games into his second spell at the former European Cup winners, Hughton was sacked and replaced by former Swansea City manager Steve Cooper.
Cooper and Garner knew each other well following the former’s time managing the England youth sides.
But in Cooper’s first nine matches in charge of his new club, Garner was given four starts and found himself on the fringes of the starting line-up.
After coming off the bench in a 1-1 draw against Reading, Garner has started the last five Championship matches and registered both his first goal and assist of the season in 2-0 win against Peterborough.
Since Cooper took the reins, Forest have lost just one game in their last 15. When Hughton was sacked, following a 2-0 home loss to Middlesbrough, in the seventh game of the new season, Forest were 23rd in the Championship.
Sixteen games later, Forest are one point off the play-off places, it’s been a remarkable turnaround by Cooper.
Forest have today uploaded a picture of Garner on their social media account, which has give the club’s fans the opportunity to speak about the midfielder’s form.
Here is what some of the supporters had to say on their number 37…
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan
- 'Already had contact': Club chiefs admit they have had transfer interest in reported Manchester United target
- £67.5m star hands in transfer request with Manchester United linked
- Club confirm signing of 'high calibre' young player released by Manchester United
- Opinion: Cristiano Ronaldo frustration is understandable as Murtough continues to strike out