After a brace for Manchester United in the FA Cup against Derby, Odion Ighalo is the man of the moment.
The on loan striker is making critics eat their words, with three goals in his first two starts for the club.
He is a penalty box predator and helps the shape of United’s team. We have scored seven goals in the two games he has started.
His Nigeria international teammate John Ogu who was part of the same 2019 AFCON squad, is following Ighalo’s progress and is very confident he will pen a permanent deal.
Ighalo liked this tweet and many other supportive messages including those from Rio Ferdinand.
Will he sign a permanent deal?
Ighalo would clearly love to do so, he’s living the dream and will not want this experience to ever end.
He has a little way to go yet. He needs to score in the Premier League too to further show his value. With more starts, that should come.
One issue is that United will also be looking at signing another striker too. A younger one with even higher potential.
If Ighalo is still content to join and be a back-up, not many supporters would take issue with that.
But United need to show some ambition and not just settle for Ighalo, as good as he has been in his two starts.
He should not be over confident yet either. He has plenty of work to do between now and the end of the season.
- Photos: Manchester United release first images of Rangnick in training at Carrington
- Carrick's comments on Fernandes show why Manchester United need a stern manager like Rangnick
- Manchester United loanee preparing to take on 'quality' former Premier League player
- Raphael Varane shares his reaction to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Manchester United exit interview
- Record breaking wonderkid suddenly needs fresh Manchester United start under Ralf Rangnick