Manchester United’s postponed clash against promoted Brentford has been rearranged for later this month.
The Reds’ first trip to the Brentford Community Stadium was originally scheduled for 14 December but was postponed following a Covid-19 outbreak in the Red Devils squad.
The outbreak led to the club closing Carrington for first-team operations.
However, the Premier League has confirmed that the clash will now be played on Wednesday 19 January, with an 8pm kick-off.
United played the Bees in a pre-season friendly at Old Trafford in the summer, which finished 2-2. Anthony Elanga and a stunning Andreas Pereira volley scored the goals for United.
The other United games which was postponed last month, the home clash with Brighton & Hove Albion, is still to be rescheduled.
The game against Thomas Frank’s side will be shown live on BT Sport.
Following the confirmed rearrangement, Ralf Rangnick’s Reds will play four games in 12 days, starting with Monday’s FA Cup third round clash against Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa.
Brentford beat Villa 2-1 in their last Premier League outing and have impressed in their first season in the top-flight.
The newly-promoted Bees currently sit 12th in the Premier League and are 12 points above the relegation places.
United have struggled against the promoted sides so far this season. The 4-1 defeat against Watford proved to be Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s last game in charge and the Reds scraped past Norwich through a Cristiano Ronaldo penalty, but had David de Gea to thank for securing the three points.
- Photo: Martial points to Sevilla badge after signing deal, squad number unveiled, Rashford reacts
- Done deal: Sevilla confirm loan signing of Anthony Martial
- Denis Irwin gives his verdict on Manchester United's competition for places
- Who is the winger with £67m release clause Manchester United are linked with signing?
- 'Good deal'… Rio Ferdinand gives his verdict on Manchester United star's loan exit