Mauricio Pochettino is linked with Manchester United every time the Red Devils suffer a poor result.
He has consistently remained quiet. Until now.
Pochettino was a guest on Sky Sports Monday Night Football for the very first time (2/11).
It is 12 months since he was fired by Tottenham after a poor stretch of results.
Pochettino now says he is ready to return to football. These are comments which may catch United’s attention.
The Manchester Evening News reported how Pochettino was earmarked as Jose Mourinho’s replacement in 2018.
But at that stage there was little chance of tempting him away from Spurs.
Months later he reached the Champions League final, and then shockingly he found himself fired.
By that stage United were mid-project with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Pochettino was not available for hire right away in any case, with Spurs paying off his contract.
This is no longer the case, and United’s poor start to the season asks more questions of Solskjaer than ever before.
United are in 15th place in the Premier League with seven points from six games.
The pressure is on at Old Trafford and even just the briefest of declarations from Pochettino that he is ready to return to football could be enough to give United’s board plenty to think about.
- Raphael Varane will fly to Manchester to seal United move on Monday
- Manchester United in August: Predicting the transfer deals to come
- United loanee Bernard makes first Hull appearance in 2-0 win over Red Devils U23 side
- Report: Fenerbahce want to sign United midfielder Pereira
- Hull boss McCann delighted to sign Manchester United’s Di’Shon Bernard on loan
- Henderson is excited by United signing Sancho
- United defender Eric Bailly endures mixed day as Ivory Coast exit Olympics
- Marcus Rashford posts long emotional message after decision to undergo surgery
- Di’Shon Bernard signs new long-term contract with Manchester United