Mauricio Pochettino is linked with Manchester United every time the Red Devils suffer a poor result.
He has consistently remained quiet. Until now.
Pochettino was a guest on Sky Sports Monday Night Football for the very first time (2/11).
It is 12 months since he was fired by Tottenham after a poor stretch of results.
Pochettino now says he is ready to return to football. These are comments which may catch United’s attention.
The Manchester Evening News reported how Pochettino was earmarked as Jose Mourinho’s replacement in 2018.
But at that stage there was little chance of tempting him away from Spurs.
Months later he reached the Champions League final, and then shockingly he found himself fired.
By that stage United were mid-project with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Pochettino was not available for hire right away in any case, with Spurs paying off his contract.
This is no longer the case, and United’s poor start to the season asks more questions of Solskjaer than ever before.
United are in 15th place in the Premier League with seven points from six games.
The pressure is on at Old Trafford and even just the briefest of declarations from Pochettino that he is ready to return to football could be enough to give United’s board plenty to think about.
- Manchester United fans react to Mason Greenwood’s performance
- Cavani needs one more subsitute goal to equal Solskjaer record
- Jack Grealish responds to Dean Henderson’s new look
- Joel Glazer comments in announcement to plan Super League
- ‘Absolute scandal’… Gary Neville rages against proposed European Super League reports and Glazers
- Three big positives from Manchester United’s win over Burnley
- What channel is the Man Utd v Burnley Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Three key questions as Raphael Varane to Manchester United links ramp up
- Youngster Malachi Sharpe undergoes first Manchester United academy training session