Mason Greenwood reportedly opts to keep being represented by his father
Mason Greenwood’s breakthrough season at Manchester United has attracted plenty of attention from agencies, according to the Daily Mail.
They report that agents were queuing up to represent the teenage striker but he has elected to stick with a man who has a fantastic relationship with the club – his father.
What’s the story?
They report that Greenwood has kept business matters within his family so far during his career and he has opted to stick with his father.
Greenwood’s dad has apparently negotiated his son’s first professional contract in 2018, as well as the improved terms he signed the year after
On top of that, he nailed down a boot deal with Nike for his son.
The report says that Greenwood senior has a good relationship with United and that could prove encouraging news for the club.
Why’s that good news?
Ed Woodward previously tried to centre his United transfer policy around strong relationships with agents.
But that has resulted in deadwood such as Angel di Maria and Bastian Schweinsteiger being palmed off onto United.
He has also seen Mino Raiola lead the club a merry dance over Paul Pogba, constantly making statements in the press about trying to move his client on in pursuit of his next payout.
Greenwood electing to keep his father in charge indicates a desire to work with someone who has his best interests at heart.
It shows also that he has no interest in a future away from Old Trafford. He’s already at one of the biggest clubs in the world, and just wants to get on with it.
- 'Really good': Erik ten Hag says he has been impressed by 'high potential' Manchester United player in training
- 7 Manchester United players could make first appearance against Manchester City for Red Devils
- Pep Guardiola hails 'incredible' Manchester United player as well as 4 Red Devils midfielders
- Ten Hag press conference: Manchester United star doing 'really well' in training, could come into team vs City
- 4-3-3: Manchester United's strongest XI on FIFA 23, top scorer and two Ten Hag favourites miss out