Young talent Martin Svidersky made his long awaited debut for Manchester United’s under-18 side at the weekend.
It came after a year of injury hell after clinching his dream move to the Red Devils.
Svidersky, 17, came off the bench for injured Charlie Wellens after 37 minutes in a 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough at the weekend. Anthony Elanga scored United’s goal.
The story so far
Svidersky signed for United last year from Slovakian side Presov. The Metro reported that we beat competition from Chelsea, Liverpool and Celtic.
His stint at the Red Devils barely got started after he suffered an ACL injury.
The injury was a cruel blow, but time is on Svidersky’s side. The promising winger is just 17 and is under contract at United until 2021.
His under-18s debut at the weekend was just the start and now his United adventure can get started for Kieran McKenna’s side.
It was a good occasion for Svidersky to return, with Sir Alex Ferguson in attendance to watch the under-18s.
Tahith Chong overcame the same injury early in his United career and has gone onto start for the first team.
He should be Svidersky’s inspiration as he looks to now kick on and show why United signed him.
- Watford fans react to James Garner’s performance on first Championship start
- Manchester United fans react to Nemanja Matic’s performance
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after win
- Six things we learned as Manchester United beat Brighton 3-2
- Hannibal Mejbri shows quality in under-23 defeat