Marouane Fellaini wins Chinese FA Cup for the second time
It is three years since Marouane Fellaini was sold by Manchester United, and his career in China is proving to be a success.
Fellaini is celebrating winning his second Chinese FA Cup after captaining Shandong Luneng to a 1-0 victory over Shanghai Port, with Brazilian defender Jadson scoring the winner.
Fellaini sent a message on Instagram celebrating winning the trophy, which came after winning the trophy last year too with a 2-0 win over Jiangsu Suning.
The Belgian will be looking to win the trophy a third time next year. His side Shandong Luneng, have now won the cup seven times, more than any Chinese club since the competition launched in 1956.
Fellaini content in China
After the intensity of Old Trafford, Fellaini has carved out a happy life for himself in the Far East. Now 34, the veteran’s days playing in Europe seem to be behind him.
Fellaini has now won trophies in three countries, having won the Belgian title twice with Anderlecht, and then winning the FA Cup with Manchester United in 2016 and the League Cup in 2017. He also won the Europa League with United the same year.
In total Fellaini played 177 games for United, the same number he did for Everton, scoring 22 goals. He struck 33 for the Toffees.
He has scored an impressive 30 goals in 80 games for Shandong Luneng since moving to China, on the way to double cup success.
Fellaini was sold by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in January 2019, the only transfer move made while the Norwegian was temporary manager.
- £50m rated star could become 12th player to represent Manchester United and Leeds in Premier League era
- Manchester United star's magic moment hasn't happened, despite Solskjaer promise
- Manchester United make key move towards new era, it's possible new arrival could follow
- 'I'm told'… Fabrizio Romano gives update over £65m Manchester United target
- Two players made United's Ronaldo deal essential, as he extends new Premier League best