'Best games to win'... Marcus Rashford sends message after United draw City
Inevitably Manchester United have been drawn against Manchester City in the Carabao Cup semi-finals.
Marcus Rashford says he is ‘bang up for it’. He sent a message on social media after the draw was confirmed.
Rashford scored one and set up another as United beat Colchester 3-0 at Old Trafford in the quarter-finals.
Rashford scored the opener as United beat City at the Etihad earlier this month.
The semi-finals take place over two legs in January and Rashford’s message shows how full of confidence he currently is.
Rashford’s goal against Colchester was his 14th for United in all competitions this season so far.
City fans will be desperate for Rashford’s social media post to backfire and won’t be shy of reminding him if they win.
He sent it because he is confident he can back it up, and why not. It’s the sort of confidence and bravado we want to see.
The winner of the semi will face either Leicester City or Aston Villa in the final.
- Erik ten Hag explains his Manchester United team selection against Manchester City
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Manchester City: Ten Hag makes one change to side that beat Sheriff
- “Pure talent”: Manchester United ace reacts to Juan Mata making his Galatasaray debut
- 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid produces moment of brilliance and spearheads big win
- Video: Championship star practices Manchester United star Antony's trademark 360 spin skill