'Best games to win'... Marcus Rashford sends message after United draw City
Inevitably Manchester United have been drawn against Manchester City in the Carabao Cup semi-finals.
Marcus Rashford says he is ‘bang up for it’. He sent a message on social media after the draw was confirmed.
Rashford scored one and set up another as United beat Colchester 3-0 at Old Trafford in the quarter-finals.
Rashford scored the opener as United beat City at the Etihad earlier this month.
The semi-finals take place over two legs in January and Rashford’s message shows how full of confidence he currently is.
Rashford’s goal against Colchester was his 14th for United in all competitions this season so far.
City fans will be desperate for Rashford’s social media post to backfire and won’t be shy of reminding him if they win.
He sent it because he is confident he can back it up, and why not. It’s the sort of confidence and bravado we want to see.
The winner of the semi will face either Leicester City or Aston Villa in the final.
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million
- 5 clubs £40m valued Manchester United man could move to this summer
- Ten Hag issues young player warning after handing debuts to 22nd and 23rd academy players at Ajax