Manchester United midfielder Fred has stepped up in recent weeks and the derby day was no different.
He has superb in the 2-1 win over City, driving United forward and getting stuck in alongside Scott McTominay.
He created two chances and dribbled past opponents four times as he helped link midfield and attack.
Fred even had to deal with having an object thrown at him by a disgruntled and pathetic City fan.
Goalscorer Marcus Rashford sent a message out on social media praising Fred’s performance as ‘unreal’.
Justified the money
United paid £47 million to sign Fred in 2018 and he is now coming into his own.
Rashford’s message shows how much United’s stars value Fred’s contribution and they clearly want him to continue to keep it up.
At the start of his United career Fred appeared to lack a bit of confidence, even earlier this season too.
Praise like this from Rashford will help him a lot and it is fully justified after another all action display.
United are now up to fifth in the table after back to back wins over Tottenham and City.
- Would Solskjaer dare pick Phil Jones at the Etihad? You bet
- How can United fans make anti-Glazer stadium protests work?
- Woodward risks futures of United youngsters with January transfer inactivity
- Three questions for Manchester United ahead of EFL Cup semi-final
- Alexis Sanchez back to United next season? No thanks