Manchester United called up a group of youngsters into the latest first team training session.
United’s under-23s have a fixture against Sunderland in the EFL Trophy on Wednesday night.
And with key first team stars away, some but not all, this was a great time for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to temporarily promote a few.
Under-18s right-back Marc Jurado was seen battling first team star Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
Jurado has captained the under-18s this season and scored his first goal for the academy recently.
Young striker Charlie McNeill got the chance to train alongside Mason Greenwood for the first time.
McNeill scored 25 goals for the academy last season, the highest of any player since Greenwood.
Young striker Joe Hugill was also involved in the session, as was Wales under-19s midfielder Charlie Savage, who was seen battling Alex Telles.
Dillon Hoogewerf was also involved for the first time, while Alvaro Fernandez, Bjorn Hardley, and Charlie Wellens were also involved once again.
First team star Marcus Rashford featured as he stepped up his recovery, ahead of a potential comeback for the first team at the weekend.
- David de Gea and Bruno Fernandes send messages to Manchester United fans ahead of crucial week
- Marcus Rashford return could help or hinder unlocking Jadon Sancho
- Elanga and Mengi continue impressive streaks for United’s Under-23 side
- Is the writing on the wall for Eric Bailly at Manchester United?
- Manchester United urgently need a style of play under Solskjaer – Opinion
- Pogba gives honest but worrying scathing assessment after Leicester loss
- Why can’t Manchester United and David de Gea both play well in tandem?
- Is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer really a good man manager?
- Five Manchester United myths that got busted against Leicester