Manchester United’s stars have reacted on social media to the 1-1 draw with Chelsea.
Following a 4-1 loss to Watford in the last league game after which the players rightly stayed quiet, many of them were busy on Instagram after the draw.
United arguably should have won the match, having taken a lead through winger Jadon Sancho. Chelsea equalised later in the half with a penalty to secure a 1-1 draw.
Sancho’s goal was his second goal of the season and his first in the Premier League.
He celebrated on social media after the strike, and nodded to the upcoming game with Arsenal on Thursday night.
Bruno Fernandes was back in the starting line-up after United’s win over Villarreal, which he started on the bench.
He commented to say he was disappointed United could not win the game, although noted the improved performance.
Donny van de Beek was a late substitution as a replacement for Fernandes.
Cristiano Ronaldo was another substitute, for just the second time in the Premier League since joining United.
Ronaldo, Eric Bailly, and Alex Telles all also commented after the 1-1 draw as they returned to Manchester.
8th in the Premier League table
The draw leaves United in eighth place in the Premier League table. A win would have pushed us up to sixth.
Thursday’s opponents Arsenal are in fifth, and this draw means they have a five point advantage over United heading into that fixture.
The Gunners have improved in recent weeks, despite a heavy loss to Liverpool, and they look like being competitors in the race for the top four.
It is crucial United get back to winning ways in the Premier League against them, having not won a league match since the away win over Tottenham.
United have not won a Premier League match at Old Trafford since the win over Newcastle in early September.
A victory over Arsenal will close the gap on the Gunners to two points, and it is worth noting that fourth placed West Ham are level with Arsenal, so they are within reach, so long as United get back to winning games.
- Manchester United warned 'extraordinary offer' required to sign midfielder
- Karim Benzema sends message to Manchester United star
- Report: Young Manchester United forward set for medical ahead of imminent loan move
- Manager delighted to sign 'wonderful' Manchester United defensive talent on loan
- Talented Manchester United duo celebrate after making their full international debuts
- Ex Manchester United youngster Josh Harrop looks to relaunch his career at new club
- 10 goal contributions in 5 under-23 games: United have made great decision over wonderkid
- 'Don't get involved'… New Manchester United CEO warned not to interfere
- Mason Greenwood reacts as United teammate Amad seals loan move to Rangers