Manchester United stars react to 1-1 draw with Chelsea
Manchester United’s stars have reacted on social media to the 1-1 draw with Chelsea.
Following a 4-1 loss to Watford in the last league game after which the players rightly stayed quiet, many of them were busy on Instagram after the draw.
United arguably should have won the match, having taken a lead through winger Jadon Sancho. Chelsea equalised later in the half with a penalty to secure a 1-1 draw.
Sancho’s goal was his second goal of the season and his first in the Premier League.
He celebrated on social media after the strike, and nodded to the upcoming game with Arsenal on Thursday night.
Bruno Fernandes was back in the starting line-up after United’s win over Villarreal, which he started on the bench.
He commented to say he was disappointed United could not win the game, although noted the improved performance.
Donny van de Beek was a late substitution as a replacement for Fernandes.
Cristiano Ronaldo was another substitute, for just the second time in the Premier League since joining United.
Ronaldo, Eric Bailly, and Alex Telles all also commented after the 1-1 draw as they returned to Manchester.
8th in the Premier League table
The draw leaves United in eighth place in the Premier League table. A win would have pushed us up to sixth.
Thursday’s opponents Arsenal are in fifth, and this draw means they have a five point advantage over United heading into that fixture.
The Gunners have improved in recent weeks, despite a heavy loss to Liverpool, and they look like being competitors in the race for the top four.
It is crucial United get back to winning ways in the Premier League against them, having not won a league match since the away win over Tottenham.
United have not won a Premier League match at Old Trafford since the win over Newcastle in early September.
A victory over Arsenal will close the gap on the Gunners to two points, and it is worth noting that fourth placed West Ham are level with Arsenal, so they are within reach, so long as United get back to winning games.
- Ten Hag reportedly gives key role to Manchester United star with no appearances since December 2021
- Surprise Van Gaal signing and 3 other former Manchester United players who played under Omonia boss Lennon
- Poland youth international trains with Manchester United first team ahead of Europa League tie
- Ten Hag's Manchester United have to bounce back like Sir Alex Ferguson's did after City trouncing
- 18-time international hoping to follow in the footsteps of former Manchester United teammate
- Omonia boss Neil Lennon gives his verdict on Cristiano Ronaldo's lack of minutes at Manchester United
- 'Nothing more dangerous': Neil Lennon gives his verdict on Manchester United's hammering against Manchester City
- Manchester United announce 22-man travelling squad for Omonia game, new signing fit again
- Ten Hag press conference: Four Manchester United players ruled out of trip to Cyprus