Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo targeting return against Villa
Manchester United talisman Cristiano Ronaldo is targeting a return to action in Saturday’s Premier League clash against Aston Villa.
The 36-year-old missed Monday night’s FA Cup third round win against Steven Gerrard’s, due to a small muscular problem, but he is hoping to train normally today, ahead of the trip to Midlands.
United’s number seven has featured in every Premier League match since he made his emotional return back to the club from Juventus in the summer.
When asked about his chances of featuring at Villa Park, Ronaldo told MUTV: “I hope so. We will try on Thursday. I will try to train as normal. Let’s see how the body reacts.
“Fingers crossed. I’m confident.”
With 14 goals to his name so far this season, United’s top goalscorer will be eager to return to action and help get the Reds back to winning ways in the Premier League.
After captaining the side for the first time upon his return to the club, in the defeat to Wolves, Ronaldo is desperate to get back out on the pitch and help his team.
Ronaldo added: “I know my body. One hundred per cent. I’m mature and experience gives you the possibility for you to understand your mind, your body and everything around football.
“So it’s good. I’m a different person, a different player [to my younger self] but the ambition is still the same.
“I want to play and help the team.”
- Report: Manchester United raise £1m transfer target budget to £7m
- Photos: Cristiano Ronaldo features as United officially release new 2022/23 third kit
- Forget Arnautovic, the most ludicrous Manchester United striker link yet has emerged
- Manchester United's possible midfield solution could finally make career-changing breakthrough this weekend
- Report: £63m Manchester United target's fiancee 'desperate' to stay put