Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has dropped a hint that Nemanja Matic will be the player he calls on to replace Paul Pogba this weekend.
Speaking at his press conference, Solskjaer gave injury news no Manchester United fan wanted to hear.
Paul Pogba is out, Anthony Martial is out, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka is a doubt.
Jesse Lingard is also a doubt, with Luke Shaw and Diogo Dalot remaining sidelined.
Solskjaer was quoted by ESPN calling on United’s experienced trio of Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata and Ashley Young to step up.
Matic made his first appearance of the season from the bench against Southampton in our last game.
Solskjaer said: “You have players who can come in with loads of experience — Juan [Mata], Nemanja [Matic], Ash [Young]. They are the ones who have to step up now.”
United head into the game with Leicester three points behind the Foxes.
It was hoped that these injuries would all clear up after the international break, but United have not had good luck with any of them.
United have varying options to replace Pogba, but it appears £40 million man Matic is most likely based on Solskjaer’s comments.
- Cristiano Ronaldo pictured back in Manchester United training
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants ‘complete’ midfielders in his United side
- Cavani not ready for West Ham clash but will hopefully return next week
- Recent United target Eduardo Camavinga makes flying start at Madrid
- West Ham’s Croatia trip gives Manchester United a rare advantage