Manchester United pictured training ahead of FA Cup clash against Middlesbrough
Manchester United have been pictured training at Carrington ahead of Friday night’s FA Cup clash against Middlesbrough.
The Reds will face the Championship side at Old Trafford for a place in the FA Cup fifth round.
Interim boss Ralf Rangnick will be up against Chris Wilder, who won at the Theatre of Dreams last season when he was in charge of Sheffield United.
The Red Devils have returned to Carrington after being given time off by the German.
Some of the squad went out to Dubai to do some warm weather training whilst others took some down time.
Whilst Fred, Alex Telles and Edinson Cavani are all on World Cup qualifying duty for their nations, the rest of the United first team were preparing for our first match since beating West Ham in dramatic fashion.
Come Friday night’s game it would have been 13 days since Marcus Rashford’s last-gasp winner against the Hammers.
Since then, Anthony Martial, Donny van de Beek and Amad Diallo have all left the club on loan.
Paul Pogba could make his return for the cup clash and make his first Manchester United appearance since November.
After missing the last round with a hip problem, Cristiano Ronaldo will be keen to rekindle his love affair with the prestigious cup competition.
Jadon Sancho was back in training after missing the last two games due to a family bereavement. Alvaro Fernandez who was reportedly the subject of deadline day interest from Championship sides trained alongside the first team, so did Will Fish.
As did Tahith Chong who is stepping up his return to fitness ahead of moving back to Birmingham City and finishing the season with the Blues, after recovering from a groin injury which required surgery.
- Ten Hag interested in signing £25m midfielder for Manchester United, could turn him into big star
- Manchester United target Antony tells Ajax he won't return until August amid £69m reports
- 'Like a shark'… Erik ten Hag raved about £70m player Manchester United are set to sign
- 'Agreement is there': Director says 22-year-old's move to Manchester United could be 'imminent'
- Two-time international who made debut under Rangnick signs new long-term Manchester United contract