By playing a key role in knocking Liverpool out of the Champions League, it is fair to say Thomas Partey made a big impression.
Partey has been linked with Manchester United on and off since last summer, with The Mail reporting the links last summer.
The Ghanaian international is a defensive midfielder and one of the best in the world in his position.
At 26 he is five years younger than Nemanja Matic and would certainly improve United’s midfield.
Partey sent his first message on social media today since January, and was deluged in responses from supporters calling on him to sign for their club.
Arsenal and even Real Madrid fans joined in with the responses, with Manchester United supporters among the most vocal.
Great price, heavy competition
Partey is an even more tempting signing for clubs because of his 50 million Euro release clause, currently £46 million.
It’s a bargain for a player of his calibre, and as we wrote here, United can offer him more than he is getting at Atletico.
Both teams seem more proactive in chasing the midfielder than United are right now, but that won’t stop fans trying to tell Partey he should make the move.
Getting him to leave Atletico could be tough at all despite his release clause, with the midfielder quoted by OneFootball last month saying he would be keen to retire at Atletico.
- Watford boss praises James Garner as one of most talented players in England
- Mengi or Maguire is Solskjaer’s big selection decision v Luton
- Potential loan move for Ismaila Sarr would be clever move for United
- Alex Telles would be ideal signing for United to shift to diamond formation
- Four players who would turn Manchester United into a force