Manchester United’s move for Raphael Varane is getting closer. Di Marzio reported an agreement has been reached with Real Madrid.
Journalist Fabrizio Romano reported Varane’s move to Old Trafford is almost done.
Varane was at training for Real Madrid on Monday morning despite suggestions otherwise, and he is now waiting for the all clear to seal his move to Old Trafford.
The deal is so far progressed towards Varane signing for United that it would be a shock now that if it did not happen.
A deal between United and Varane could potentially be agreed this week, which might enable the centre-back to work his way into the line-up in time for the Premier League season kick-off on August 14.
Varane, 28, was United’s first choice defensive signing this summer and it is almost beyond belief the club are managing to land him. Previous years have left us all scarred and lacking faith in United’s ability to recruit the right players.
After signing Jadon Sancho too, this move gives United a second top quality player who will walk into the starting XI. Last summer, with the exception of Edinson Cavani, the players United signed were for squad depth.
Varane still has to fly into United, undergo a medical, and be formally unveiled, but all of the signs look positive.
The seemingly very real likelihood of signing Raphael Varane has United fans over the moon…
- Manchester United stars including Ronaldo respond to Bruno Fernandes
- Teammates react to 17-year-old’s three assists with Ronaldo comments
- Ethan Laird is one of the Championship’s best dribblers
- Greenwood petrified Villa but he lacked composure at crucial moments
- Varane leadership crucial ahead of first United Champions League start
- Villarreal top striker misses Real Madrid game ahead of United clash
- One bittersweet positive from a terrible day for Manchester United
- 55 shots in two games and 0 goals: Three reasons it’s going wrong for Manchester United
- Bruno Fernandes creates 10 chances in one game: Positives despite penalty miss
- Three changes to Manchester United’s back four looking likely for Villarreal clash
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to fans after penalty miss