Manchester United fans react to Mason Greenwood signing new deal
Mason Greenwood has signed a new contract at Manchester United.
The club announced Greenwood has signed a new deal which will run to 2025. There is an option to extend the contract further until 2026.
Greenwood said: “I’ve worked so hard to reach this level and the last two years have been amazing. There is so much that I want to achieve in the game and I know that this is the perfect environment to play my football.
There is a lot more to come from myself and this team and I am so committed to working hard week in, week out to help the group achieve success.
“I want to repay the club for the support that everyone has given me over the years and show everyone just what I am capable of.“
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “
Whilst it is easy for people outside of the club to forget that Mason is just 19, it is our job as coaches to ensure he reaches his phenomenal potential and every step we take is to help him along that path.
“Mason is naturally gifted and has a brilliant attitude; we know how important he is going to be for Manchester United over the coming seasons.“
Mason Greenwood’s career so far
- 17 first team goals in his debut season
Greenwood tied a record set by George Best and Wayne Rooney on their first campaigns for the club.
- Five Europa League goals in his first season
Greenwood’s goals in the Europa League saw him become the club’s youngest ever scorer in European competition.
- 10 Premier League goals
Greenwood became the first teenager since 1997/98 to score 10 Premier League goals or more in a season.
- Absolutely prolific at youth level
Greenwood scored 31 goals in 30 under-18 games, plus five in five UEFA Youth League matches. He scored three in three FA Youth Cup games, and four in seven under-23 matches, before being fast-tracked to the first team.
- Already a Champions League scorer
Greenwood scored his first Champions League goal for Manchester United against RB Leipzig. It came with his first ever shot in the competition.
- The 20 goal mark
Greenwood scored his 20th United goal in December 2020. He became the youngest United player to do so since Norman Whiteside in 1987.
- Double figures again
Greenwood reached double figures for the second successive season in the win over Roma. He became the second United player to score in five separate competitions in the 2020/21 season, and has now netted in a European semi-final.
- The 30 goal barrier
Greenwood scored his 30th Manchester United goal in August 2021. At just 19, he became one of just three teenagers to do so for the club, along with Whiteside and George Best.
This season has been an up and down one for Greenwood. He has shown over the past few weeks that his game is continuing to develop.
While his goals have not been as free flowing, Greenwood has already doubled his number of assists this season with four so far.
He has plenty more to offer this season, and in the years to come. Tying him down to 2026 is fantastic business by the club.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to the deal…
- Manchester United believe they will sign seven-time international after positive talks with director
- Cristiano Ronaldo not expected back at Manchester United training today
- Manchester United could sign attacker with 'fantastic speed' for £10m, release clause is £54m
- £26m bonus could now open up to Manchester United to pay new signings
- Manchester United could sign 'electrifying' attacker for around £50m, says expert
- Ten Hag 'confident': Fabrizio Romano gives update on Manchester United double deal
- Manchester United linked with £35m move for former West Brom loanee as Cristiano Ronaldo seeks exit
- 'Go smash it': Manchester United players react to Dean Henderson's loan move to Nottingham Forest
- 'He's got strong beliefs': Former Manchester United man gives his verdict on Ten Hag and Jesse Lingard's next move
- 'Got that feeling': Marcus Rashford gives a positive insight into Erik ten Hag's first week at Manchester United