Manchester United fans react to Mason Greenwood's performance
Mason Greenwood has the makings of a really special player.
He has stepped up for United to score two crucial goals over the past week, in his only two starts of the season.
Critics can point to the fact it was just Astana and Rochdale, but it is clear there are plenty more goals to come.
The timing of his goals, and the quality, has been remarkable. He showed composure too to step up and score in the penalty shootout.
What really stood out against Rochdale was his creativity. Greenwood made five key passes, more than anybody on the pitch. He also ended the game with a 87 per cent pass completion rate.
Watching him, it is so easy to forget he is just 17-years-old. It’s hard not to over react to what we are seeing.
It was great to see Greenwood in the central striker role too, rather than being shunted out wide. He was better for it.
His recent exploits set him up perfectly for a run of games in the Premier League, potentially against Arsenal on Monday.
In a game where many of United’s players disappointed or let themselves down, Greenwood stood tall. He delivered, he did his job.
United are struggling for form and confidence right now, but Greenwood isn’t. We are so lucky to have him, and he is going to get so much better.
Here is a look at the reaction from United fans to Greenwood’s performance…
- Manchester United attacker returns to World Cup training after missing two days with illness
- Report: Manchester United line-up attacker for move, £88m fee demanded
- Two Manchester United stars respond to Lionel Messi after Argentina performance
- 'Gone'… No chance club can keep £40m Manchester United transfer target, says pundit
- 'Unmistakable threat'… Manchester United star praised as his country's 'standout player' at World Cup