Manchester United fans react to latest Ismaila Sarr reports
There is growing speculation linking Manchester United with a move for Ismaila Sarr.
The Telegraph report United have enquired with Watford over Sarr as the club weigh up options ahead of deadline day.
This follows a report from The Independent a fortnight ago which claimed United had reached out over Sarr.
The price quoted was £40 million. A separate report last week from 90 Min claimed Watford could be open to a loan with an option to buy.
Sarr made his first start of the season for Watford at the weekend in their 1-0 victory over Luton.
As far as alternatives to Sancho go, Sarr is an acceptable one, fitting a similar profile of a young, talented player.
He has big ability, helping to destroy Liverpool’s unbeaten season last year, and he has been compared to Senegalese countryman Sadio Mane.
Against United last season his shot drew an error from David de Gea for a Watford goal, but more impressively was the way he fooled the usually unflappable Aaron Wan-Bissaka into mistiming a tackle and giving away a penalty.
The 22-year-old offers pace and unpredictability and he suits United’s counter attacking style.
Supporters will have to be patient with him. He can be inconsistent and struggled for form late last season.
But Sancho has had his share of inconsistent form too. United are buying potential, rather than a complete player now.
Sarr might be a player worth buying, and some of the fan reaction was generally optimistic about making a late move for the Watford ace.
- What channel is Manchester City v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Manchester United's 5 best wins against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium
- 4-3-3: Predicted Manchester United XI v City, Ten Hag picks attacker for first start this season
- 17-year-old Manchester United talent scores twice in thumping 6-1 Under-18s win
- Reports: Frenkie de Jong alternative Manchester United tried to sign before Casemiro is now available for £39m
- Manchester United star ranks as Premier League's strongest player on FIFA 23 ahead of Erling Haaland
- Report: Erik ten Hag already weighing up summer swoop to bring 'unbelievable' player to Manchester United
- Report: Lisandro Martinez has now spoken multiple times with his idol about how to succeed at Manchester United
- 3 reasons why Manchester United's in-form 22-year-old will be desperate to grab derby day headlines
- Ten Hag's chosen role for Eriksen has already defeated Guardiola's City