Manchester United fans react to Greenwood's rating on FIFA 22
FIFA 22 will be released on October 1 and some of the Manchester United players’ ratings have already been unveiled.
One in particular got United fans talking on Twitter – Mason Greenwood’s.
Greenwood has been handed a rating of 78, and United supporters had ‘Greenwood 78’ trending on Twitter in no time.
Fellow English Premier League wonderkids Phil Foden and Bukayo Saka are 84 and 83 respectively.
Greenwood is as good as those two right now – if not better – and has the ability to go on and be one of the world’s best strikers.
He has started the season on fire too, which makes his rating all the more baffling.
Every year, the ratings are a point of contention, and Greenwood was harshly rated 77 last time around as well.
It’s fair to say some Red Devils online are not impressed at all with the rating Greenwood has been handed.
The only potential caveat is that if you play with Greenwood in career mode, after a period of time, he should become one of the best players in the world.
But that doesn’t explain why he is in the 70s from the start, ranked lower than the likes of Anthony Martial, who is rated 81 despite a disappointing 2020/21 campaign.
Here’s how some United fans reacted to the rating ahead of the start of the Champions League campaign against Young Boys…
- Report: PL side only willing to pay £10m to sign out of favour Manchester United man on permanent deal
- Manchester United join rivals in race to sign 33-year-old who has scored 68 Premier League goals
- Manchester United interested in signing Champions League winner, player keen on move
- Manchester United linked with 74-time international goalkeeper who beat Sir Alex Ferguson's Reds in CL
- Report: Manchester United now prepared to battle Liverpool for 'incredible' midfielder compared to N'Golo Kante