Manchester United fans react to facing Tranmere in FA Cup fourth round
Manchester United were in the unique situation of not knowing who they would face in the fourth round of the FA Cup until just days before the tie.
Tranmere Rovers’ third round replay against Watford was postponed until last night, when the League 1 side won 2-1 after extra time.
United lost 2-0 at Watford in December but their fans on Twitter appear to be just as worried about facing Tranmere on Sunday.
It has been an embarrassing week for United, with the 2-0 home loss to Burnley signifying a new low for the season and there is a genuine fear it could get worse.
Some fans fear Solskjaer will try and sit back and counter attack against a side from two leagues below who have played 120 minutes just days earlier.
Others hope that the match will be Solskjaer’s last in charge, with some expecting a defeat which could end his reign.
With Manchester City next up after Tranmere, United could spiral deeper into crisis in the coming days. This is a genuine banana skin.
A win is clearly important for United, but the manner of it is also crucial.
Fans want to enjoy watching United again, and do not want to watch a tense game low on quality like the win over Rochdale earlier this season.
United are a far stronger team than Tranmere, it would be great to see the side actually play like it.
- Antony suggests he will be available if Erik ten Hag wants him in emotional Ajax video message, Timber comments
- Manchester United send message to Britain's first openly gay footballer since Justin Fashanu
- Report: Manchester United could sign prolific striker for just £51 million
- 5 clubs £40m valued Manchester United man could move to this summer
- Ten Hag issues young player warning after handing debuts to 22nd and 23rd academy players at Ajax