Manchester United kept Sheffield United hanging over Dean Henderson, only sanctioning his loan return at the start of this week.
It did not stop Henderson putting in a top performance on his comeback for the Blades.
Sheffield United did not get the result they wanted, with the draw keeping them below Manchester United in the table, but Henderson kept up his end of the bargain.
The loan star delivered another solid display to rack up yet another clean sheet, his 11th in the Premier League this season.
Henderson pulled off a succession of good saves to keep Villa out, six in total, as the Premier League got back underway with a cautious yet competitive 0-0 draw.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told Sky Sports over the weekend that he sees Henderson as a future United number one.
The only question is over how soon that might be. We wrote earlier this week how United goalkeeper David de Gea restarts the season under pressure, in part due to Henderson establishing himself as a top option.
Henderson picked up yesterday right where he left off in March, and that is a credit to his professionalism, concentration and ability.
United fan praise
Here is a look at some of the reaction praising the 23-year-old loanee…
- Solskjaer gives Lindelof fitness update
- A look back at Solskjaer’s comments on Greenwood one year ago
- Manchester United should extend Mason Greenwood’s contract even further
- Bruno Fernandes is enjoying helping Anthony Martial shine
- Be open minded over a potential United move for Nathan Ake
- Incoming United addition Isak Hansen-Aaroen makes professional debut
- Victor Lindelof was not pictured in United training on Monday amid injury worry
- Fresh Jadon Sancho could help Manchester United start next season in style
- Harvey Neville signs professional Manchester United deal