Angel Gomes was one of a number of Manchester United youngsters to catch the eye in our first pre-season game.
United beat Australian side Perth 2-0, with both goals in the second half.
Marcus Rashford scored the first goal, with James Garner adding a late second just moments after coming off the bench.
New signing Dan James impressed, along with fellow new boy Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
Mason Greenwood came close to scoring, while 18-year-old midfielder Angel Gomes lit the game up with bright touches.
Gomes came on at half-time, with United making 11 changes to the starting XI.
His close control and dribbling ability stood out, along with his willingness to take players on.
His confidence is clear to see and he does not appear overawed playing alongside more established stars.
Gomes is entering a potential breakthrough season at United and this was a good way to start it off.
His display suggested he could soon be overtaking Juan Mata in the pecking order at United.
Here is a look at some of the reaction to his performance…
- Who is Antero Henrique and where do Manchester United fit in?
- 3 months on, Woodward’s comments embarrass Manchester United chief
- Five facts on reported Manchester United target Maxi Gomez
- Would Solskjaer dare pick Phil Jones at the Etihad? You bet
- How can United fans make anti-Glazer stadium protests work?