Aaron Wan-Bissaka put in a complete defensive performance as Manchester United won at Norwich.
While the right-back’s efforts were overshadowed by a return to form from United’s attack, they deserve to be appreciated all the same.
Wan-Bissaka missed key games for United at the start of the month. We badly missed him against Arsenal and Newcastle. The difference with him back in is remarkable.
Norwich’s late consolation was a shame, because Wan-Bissaka’s performance was deserving of a clean sheet.
Good luck getting past Wan-Bissaka. The United star won 11 tackles against Norwich. The rest of the United team won 12 combined.
He also made three interceptions, more than any United player at Carrow Road.
Wan-Bissaka added two clearances and one blocked shot as he helped United to shut Norwich’s attack down. He touched the ball 95 times in total, the most of any player on the pitch.
Going forward he wasn’t quite as effective, completing 72 per cent of his passes, and each of his two crosses failed to find his target. This is an area he has to work on.
Defensively, Wan-Bissaka is in a class of his own. The £50 million was well spent.
He has been key to United’s improvement, and we are going to need him to stay fit.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted to Wan-Bissaka’s performance…
- Will Martin Dubravka be awarded a winner’s medal if Manchester United win the Carabao Cup?
- Marcel Sabitzer has scored more club career goals than Anthony Martial
- Report: Mason Greenwood considers China career move
- Jadon Sancho breaks three month social media silence with message to Manchester United fans
- Jadon Sancho has just solved a Manchester United squad dilemma