Manchester United announce deal for Alex Telles
Manchester United have announced a deal for Alex Telles.
After a three week long pursuit of the Brazilian, this move has finally been completed.
Telles has spoken about his decision to sign for United and he says talks with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer helped the move.
Telles told the club website: “To join a club with the prestige of Manchester United is a huge honour.
“You have to work hard to get to this moment in your career and now I am coming to this club, I can promise that I will give everything in my heart to be a success here.
“I won many trophies at FC Porto and I want to continue that at United. The manager has a clear plan and direction for this team and I can’t wait to pull on the famous shirt.“
Solskjaer said: “
He is a player we have been tracking for some time and his performances over the past few years are exactly what we are looking for. He is a fighter and a winner and will add real determination and competition to the squad.
“Alex has the qualities, both as a player and as a person, that we want here at Manchester United.“
Telles strengthens United at left-back and after Luke Shaw’s dismal performance against Tottenham at the weekend, his arrival is most welcome.
The 27-year-old brings experience and attacking drive and is United’s first, and probably only defensive signing of the transfer window.
Alex Telles: Buccaneering Brazilian
- Alex Telles is an attacking full-back with an impressive goal contribution.
In 95 games for Porto he has 30 assists and 20 goals. 14 of these strikes have been penalties.
- He has been an overlooked talent at international level
Telles has only one international cap, earned last year. As he has an Italian passport, he did not require a work permit.
- Telles has experience and he is a proven winner
For Porto, Telles has won two league titles and one Portuguese cup. He also won the Turkish Super Lig and two Turkish Cups playing for Galatasaray.
- Triple sale would be a ruthless way for Erik ten Hag to start Manchester United's summer
- Manchester United offered chance to sign star Ten Hag sold for £23.8m
- Manchester United cancel the end of season awards ceremony, it's the right decision
- 5 Ajax players who will actually improve Manchester United: Including £50m target
- How Manchester United could make £120 million in player sales this summer to get £240m budget
- Nemanja Matic tells Manchester United fans an absolute diamond is coming through who has surprised him
- 21-year-old striker confirms Manchester United exit on Instagram
- 'Monster' ex Manchester United centre-back used to demand to train 1 v 2