Manchester United announce deal for Alex Telles
Manchester United have announced a deal for Alex Telles.
After a three week long pursuit of the Brazilian, this move has finally been completed.
Telles has spoken about his decision to sign for United and he says talks with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer helped the move.
Telles told the club website: “To join a club with the prestige of Manchester United is a huge honour.
“You have to work hard to get to this moment in your career and now I am coming to this club, I can promise that I will give everything in my heart to be a success here.
“I won many trophies at FC Porto and I want to continue that at United. The manager has a clear plan and direction for this team and I can’t wait to pull on the famous shirt.“
Solskjaer said: “
He is a player we have been tracking for some time and his performances over the past few years are exactly what we are looking for. He is a fighter and a winner and will add real determination and competition to the squad.
“Alex has the qualities, both as a player and as a person, that we want here at Manchester United.“
Telles strengthens United at left-back and after Luke Shaw’s dismal performance against Tottenham at the weekend, his arrival is most welcome.
The 27-year-old brings experience and attacking drive and is United’s first, and probably only defensive signing of the transfer window.
Alex Telles: Buccaneering Brazilian
- Alex Telles is an attacking full-back with an impressive goal contribution.
In 95 games for Porto he has 30 assists and 20 goals. 14 of these strikes have been penalties.
- He has been an overlooked talent at international level
Telles has only one international cap, earned last year. As he has an Italian passport, he did not require a work permit.
- Telles has experience and he is a proven winner
For Porto, Telles has won two league titles and one Portuguese cup. He also won the Turkish Super Lig and two Turkish Cups playing for Galatasaray.
- Bruno Fernandes upstages Cristiano Ronaldo in World Cup win v Uruguay
- Manchester United star admits he's not yet physically 100% fit; hopes to build up fitness during World Cup
- Neymar hails Manchester United star as 'best in the world'
- Flying Manchester United loanee’s season plunged into fresh uncertainty
- Photos: Brazil legends react to Casemiro goal against Switzerland
- Member of Erik ten Hag's Manchester United coaching staff tipped to get managerial job in England
- 'Thanks my boss': Forward reportedly on Ten Hag's radar pays tribute to Manchester United star's creative qualities
- 'Every time': Evra pinpoints Manchester United summer signing's skill as comparable to Carrick