Luke Shaw sends message to Manchester United fans after semi-final loss
Manchester United lost a fourth semi-final in the space of a year last night, going down 2-0 to Manchester City in the Carabao Cup.
John Stones scored on 50 minutes before Fernandinho’s volley sealed the win with seven minutes remaining.
United controlled much of the game after the opening goal but couldn’t find a crucial equaliser before City landed their killer blow.
United defender Luke Shaw sent a message on social media after the loss and called on his teammates to refocus quickly.
He is looking forward to the opportunities which lie ahead, starting with the FA Cup tie against Watford on Saturday.
There’s no time for United to lick their wounds, as the big games just keep mounting up.
After Watford, which should represent an opportunity for Solskjaer to had a much-needed rest to some players while also kickstarting an assault on another trophy come two big league games.
First, United play their game in hand on Liverpool against Burnley at Turf Moor, knowing that even a draw would be enough to take them top of the table.
Then comes a trip to Anfield. Winning both of those games to go six points clear of Jurgen Klopp’s side would be the perfect way to recover from last night’s setback.
Another semi-final defeat is frustrating, but Shaw’s right – there’s still plenty to play for.
- 3 Juventus players Manchester United could target – including 20-year-old sensation
- 'Weak point'… Neville slams World Cup star, says Manchester United ace would do better job
- 'He's not a leader'… Manchester United star under-fire from pundit in his own country
- Casemiro responds to Neymar's claim he is the best midfielder in the world
- 20-year-old powerhouse recommended to Manchester United by Rangnick dominates v £97m opponent