Luke Shaw has taken a pop at Romelu Lukaku after he was knocked out of the Champions League.
United sold Lukaku back in August after a poor season last year where he netted just 12 Premier League goals.
Lukaku joined Inter and was drawn into a tough Champions League group with Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund.
He was happy to be in the competition, posting a short message a couple of months back which several United fans interpreted as a dig, with United down in the Europa League.
Inter were eliminated tonight and United star Luke Shaw showed no remorse in taking a pop at his former teammate, welcoming him back to the Europa League.
A friendly dig or bad blood?
Lukaku will be feeling pretty down right now, and likely will not be in the mood for jokes after his elimination.
In that respect as a fellow sportsman, Shaw’s dig is in poor taste.
But from a United perspective, it’s pretty funny to see Shaw taking a pop.
It’s unclear whether it’s intended as a friendly dig or if there is bad blood between the two.
The Standard reported Shaw was reportedly very unhappy after Lukaku posted some pre-season data on his social media page in the summer which showed him to be among the club’s slowest players in that particular session.
United v Inter in the Europa League? It suddenly feels inevitable…
- Wayne Rooney encourages Erik ten Hag to emulate Jose Mourinho tactic in the FA Cup final
- 6 Manchester United players who could be playing for the final time at Old Trafford against Fulham
- ‘There is a pathway’: Erik ten Hag convinced award-winning academy prospects could feature in the first team next season
- Manchester United’s ‘number one target’ could follow in the footsteps of Wayne Rooney and Ruud van Nistelrooy
- Four signings to drive United toward a 21st league title next season