Luke Shaw has written a carefully worded message rallying against Manchester United’s Super League plans.
Shaw says he worries ‘these changes could impact the sport I and millions of others love’.
Below is the full text of Shaw’s written message he posted on Twitter.
The Manchester United defender is one of the leaders in the squad, and deserves huge credit for this. He has been praised by Gary Neville for doing so.
Shaw has been at United since 2014 and says he dreams of playing in the Champions League and best competitions, but recognises players have to earn that right.
United’s planned Super League would take away the qualification for the club, with the Red Devils made automatic entrants.
The players have been majorly let down by all of this and hung out to dry. It is fantastic to see Shaw using his voice to speak up.
- Could Jadon Sancho end up as Paul Pogba’s replacement?
- Tom Heaton to United would bring his free agent exit full circle after angering Fergie
- Three reasons Manchester United should play Hannibal against Fulham
- Every trophy won by Manchester United
- Manchester United fans are the best, says Solskjaer, as he hopes for lift from crowd return