The injury Luke Shaw picked up against Everton before the international break handed Alex Telles the chance to start back-to-back Manchester United games for the first time.
Telles has impressed against both West Brom and Istanbul Basaksehir in home wins.
Meanwhile, Shaw has been pictured working hard to return as quickly as possible.
The Englishman was pictured back on the grass for the first time since picking up the injury at Carrington on Thursday as United’s players trained ahead of the trip to face his former club Southampton.
He looked to be doing individual light training, which is a step in the right direction in his bid to return.
Jesse Lingard was also spotted back in full training, after needing to self-isolate after coming into contact with someone who tested positive.
Solskjaer also said before last month’s game against Chelsea that Lingard was unavailable, seemingly injured.
He’s back with the team in any case.
Shaw is not going to be back for Sunday, but his return next month will help going into a frantic festive run.
Lingard is out of favour, and has not forced his way into Solskjaer’s midfield plans for a league or Champions League game yet.
But they are both plainly working hard on the training pitch to give Solskjaer options.
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose to Sheffield United
- Manchester United pick attack heavy team to face Sheffield United
- Former United star Shinji Kagawa finds new club in Greece
- Solskjaer is ready to build his plans around Amad Diallo
- Who is reported Manchester United target Christoph Baumgartner?