Romelu Lukaku and Manchester United went their different ways in 2019.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did not feel as though the Belgian striker wanted to be part of his plans, and United cashed in.
Lukaku us now thriving at Inter Milan, who sit top of Serie A.
He holds no hard feelings, and was asked about United in a twitter question and answer session this afternoon.
United are second in the Premier League, and Lukaku feels his former boss is ‘doing great’.
Lukaku was also asked about Marcus Rashford and says he loves to watch him in action.
Rashford has 18 goals so far this season and scored 22 last season.
That’s not far behind the 27 and 16 scored by Lukaku in his two full seasons at Old Trafford.
Lukaku has gone from strength to strength in Italy, scoring 57 goals in 81 games.
He says the difference in styles was immediately noticeable but he has got up to speed, and good luck to him.
Something didn’t quite click for him in his second season at United, and he left the club without winning a trophy. He floundered in a number of big games, but one he did perform well in was the one which secured Solskjaer his job, a 3-1 win over PSG.
- Manchester United’s Dan James will be hoping for another moment of magic against Chelsea
- Amad Diallo showed a new side to his game against Real Sociedad
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Chelsea
- Who is reported United target Gleison Bremer?
- Eric Bailly says Sergio Ramos is his idol
- Solskjaer says Martial is working very hard to improve
- Can Diogo Dalot play against Manchester United in the Europa League?
- 2 positives and 1 negative from Manchester United drawing Milan
- Manchester United fans react to Nemanja Matic’s performance
- Solskjaer praises Shoretire as Whiteside reacts to him breaking his record