Anthony Martial’s fantastic strike against Watford has made everybody sit up and take notice.
It was the highlight of an eventually easy 3-0 win over the Hornets, and it was a moment which decided the match.
Martial’s 15th goal of the season came just minutes after Troy Deeney had an equaliser ruled out by VAR.
His goal gave United an unsurmountable advantage after Bruno Fernandes’ first half penalty, before Mason Greenwood added an impressively struck third to make the scoreline 3-0.
Martial’s goal saw him dummy three defenders and turn inside the box before chipping the ball over Ben Foster.
Former United striker Louis Saha reacted to Martial’s moment of brilliance.
Marcus Rashford also added to the plaudits, and congratulated Fernandes too on his first United goal.
This is the Martial we need to see more of, and one we likely only got to see because of the confidence he built up in the previous two games.
He now has three goals in three matches and is looking like being the striker United need him to be.
After his traditional centre forward type header against Chelsea, this was the type of individual goal only special players can score, like his strike at home to Partizan Belgrade earlier in the season.
- Solskjaer instructions clear as Manchester United shun long ball tactics
- United linked star Camavinga has made more tackles than Wan-Bissaka
- Odion Ighalo sends message to Manchester United fan about his future
- Seven top class Manchester United combinations we’ve barely seen yet
- Andreas Pereira says he wants to stay at United