Anthony Martial’s fantastic strike against Watford has made everybody sit up and take notice.
It was the highlight of an eventually easy 3-0 win over the Hornets, and it was a moment which decided the match.
Martial’s 15th goal of the season came just minutes after Troy Deeney had an equaliser ruled out by VAR.
His goal gave United an unsurmountable advantage after Bruno Fernandes’ first half penalty, before Mason Greenwood added an impressively struck third to make the scoreline 3-0.
Martial’s goal saw him dummy three defenders and turn inside the box before chipping the ball over Ben Foster.
Former United striker Louis Saha reacted to Martial’s moment of brilliance.
Marcus Rashford also added to the plaudits, and congratulated Fernandes too on his first United goal.
This is the Martial we need to see more of, and one we likely only got to see because of the confidence he built up in the previous two games.
He now has three goals in three matches and is looking like being the striker United need him to be.
After his traditional centre forward type header against Chelsea, this was the type of individual goal only special players can score, like his strike at home to Partizan Belgrade earlier in the season.
- Manager says Mourinho tried to sign international striker when he was Manchester United boss
- Manchester United caught napping by Prem club's 'game-changing' £33m midfielder deal
- Exclusive: Spanish football expert reacts to Martial deal, whether Sevilla can afford him permanently
- Uruguay manager and South American press react to Facundo Pellistri's debut performance
- Manchester United warned 'extraordinary offer' required to sign midfielder